Every now and then, we all need to do some self-reflection to figure out where we are on our journey and see just how far we have left to go. Journaling has become a big part of my personal and entrepreneurial journey. I encourage you to start journaling too. Use these 52 journal prompts to embark on a journey of healing and self-discovery. You might be surprised at your answers and you will find yourself being more honest than you intended to be. It’s a fantastic challenge that will inspire growth, love and purpose.
“Journaling is like whispering to one’s self and listening at the same time.” Mina Murray
52 Journal Prompts For Healing And Self-Discovery
Have fun reflecting and be sure to share these journal prompts with your friends and family. Everyone deserves the chance to get naked with themselves and truly see what lies beneath the surface!
- What would your dream life look like? Describe it in detail.
- If someone asked you to describe yourself, what would you say?
- What are 7 things you are truly grateful for today? Why did you choose these 7 things?
- If today was your second-to-last day on this earth, which 5 people would you spend it with and why?
- What is the one thing you want more than anything else in the entire world?
- If you were to write a novel about your life, what part of your life would you focus on?
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the entire world, from any time period, who would it be?
- List 21 things that make you cry when you see or think about them.
- What does it mean to live an authentic life?
- Where do you see yourself living in 20 years? Describe it in detail.
- If you could meet God one time for just one minute, what would you ask Him?
- What scares you about growing older? What makes you happier?
- When do you feel the happiest in your skin?
- If you could become any character from any TV show for one entire week, who would you want to be and why?
- List 10 things that you do incredibly well.
- What would you want people to say about you in your eulogy?
- How do you maintain your physical health? How do you maintain your emotional health?
- What does self-love mean to you? How can you practice self-love more each day?
- Write about a challenging situation you went through. How did you handle it? What did it teach you?
- If you could create your own first name, what would it be? What would the name mean?
- Choose an inspirational song that you love. Describe in detail what it means to you and how it applies to your life.
- What was the defining moment in your life?
- If I asked what your top 7 goals were, what would you say? How would you feel if you were to accomplish them all?
- What do you believe your divine purpose is on this earth? Do you think you are living in that purpose? Why or why not?
- If you could put together a care package for the less fortunate, what would the package contain?
- In what community would you build a community centre? Describe the community centre in detail. Why did you choose this community?
- Sit in front of the mirror for ten minutes. Write about what you see.
- What are the top 10 life hacks that have helped you get to where you are today?
- How much have you changed within the past 5 years? What is the biggest change to date?
- Reflect on an old photo you took and write about it. How does it make you feel when you look at it?
- What does it mean to be fulfilled?
- What are you most passionate about? Why did you choose this one thing and not something else?
- What movie would you watch over and over again? Why do you love it so much?
- What is the best gift you have ever given or received?
- Write about a promise you’ve made to someone in the past. What was it? Did you keep that promise?
- If you could change the colour of your skin for one day, what colour would you choose? Why?
- Describe a situation where you had to be strong. What happened and how did it affect you?
- What do you believe you need more of in life?
- Write a letter to your future son or daughter.
- If you could relive an experience you had, what would it be? Why that experience?
- Why is it important to embrace your past along with its mistakes?
- What terrifies you?
- How did you handle a bad day you recently experienced? Is there anything you would change about how you handled it?
- Describe your childhood in one word. What would it be and why?
- What is the number one problem you would like to solve in the world before you die?
- If you could have any superpower in exchange for your eyesight, what would you choose and why?
- Write about your immediate family. How did each of them help shape your life?
- What are the mission and vision statements for your life?
- What is the scariest career change you have made in your life? Why was it scary?
- List the top five self-affirmations that you love? How have they changed your life?
- Are you addicted to social media? Be honest with yourself. How does social media impact your life? What can you do to lessen the impact?
- Write about a time in your life when you failed. What did you learn from this experience?
JOURNALING IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
When you write in a journal each day (or even each week), it really allows you to see yourself and your life in a different light. Doing this journaling challenge might seem like a breeze but I urge you to commit to using one prompt each week for an entire year.
Buy a journal or a notebook so you can keep track of all your answers. You’ll be able to see how much you have grown over the course of a year along with the challenges you’ve overcome.
These journal prompts will help you not only discover who you are but also help you to dive deeper into issues preventing you from living your best life.
If you enjoyed reading about how to get anything in life, you would enjoy reading more about 30 powerful self-affirmations that will transform your life.
I want to hear your opinion. What are your favourite journaling prompts?
Please comment below so everyone can read what you have to say. Also if you have any questions feel free to ask me them in the comment section below. Like and share this post and be sure to join the community!
Until next time.
All my love,