Have you been kind to yourself today? I know it sounds like a silly question to ask but in the world that we live in, it is so much easier to degrade yourself and become your own worst enemy than to say something nice like “You look good today!”.
As we reflect on a year of hardships, victories and trials that would rival the Hunger Games (well, not really), I thought it would be a great idea to reflect on kindness.
Kindness in words creates confidence, kindness in your thinking creates profoundness, and kindness in giving creates love. If you’re struggling with your confidence, being nicer to yourself every day is one place to start.
It increases your self-esteem, improves your mental health and fills your life with joy. In this post, I’m giving you 50 simple ways to be kind to yourself all the time so you never have an excuse to do otherwise (I hope).
“Be kinder to yourself. Then let your kindness flood the world.” Pema Chodron
50 Simple Ways To Be Kind To Yourself
Here are 50 great ideas to be kind to yourself every day. You can use one tip per day or combine multiple ideas and have the best day ever. The choice is up to you. 🙂
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love & affection. Click To Tweet
- Practice positive self-talk by shutting down negative thoughts when they rear their ugly heads. You may not think so, but with practice, you can change your self-talk.
- Celebrate your birthday for an entire week (or month).
- Binge-read your favourite books. My go-to books are pretty varied, but I’m loving Believe Bigger by Marshawn Evans Daniels. It’s amazing!
- Make your favourite dish once a week.
- Get a good night’s sleep every day.
- Positively compliment yourself when you walk past a mirror.
- Eat better by replacing fast food with fruits and vegetables.
- Go for a nice walk and get some fresh air. Fresh air is healing plus there are so many beautiful places to see in our own countries.
- Respect yourself.
- Leave your work at the office.
- Get in about 10 minutes of exercise during your free time.
- Celebrate every milestone you hit; big or small.
- Create an anti-stress kit. Create your very own box of items to soothe and calm yourself in times of emotional frustration or stress.
- Moisturize your skin to keep it looking and feeling good.
- Do a random act of kindness for someone else.
- Send your future self an encouraging letter.
- Volunteer at a shelter or soup kitchen.
- Invest in your personal and professional development.
- Detox from social media for a few hours per week.
- Take a long, warm bath at least once a week.
- Write a list of ten things you are grateful for in your life.
- Always do the right thing no matter how hard it can be.
- Take a five to ten-minute laugh break.
- Stop worrying about what others think about you.
- Make a list of ten things you love about yourself.
- Forgive yourself for all your past mistakes and failures.
- Declutter and reorganize your apartment/ house.
- Lock your door, put on your favourite music and rock out!
- Do something that puts you way outside your comfort zone.
- Affirm yourself every day. Here is a great list of affirmations to try.
- Take mini staycations.
- Honour all the goals and dreams you have for yourself.
- In a conversation, listen to understand, not just respond.
- Give yourself a DIY mani, pedi and face mask.
- Stop being so hard on yourself and relax.
- Step away from toxic friends and relationships.
- Learn to let go of things that aren’t meant for you.
- Grab some playdough and create your very own “pottery” at home.
- Always be present.
- Ask for help if and when you need it.
- Work on nurturing healthy relationships.
- Buy the good ice cream at the supermarket.
- Stretch yourself and your skills.
- Invite friends over for a fun playdate.
- Get a massage.
- Trust yourself more by setting bigger and bigger goals.
- Binge-watch your favourite (positive) movies.
- Take care of your physical, emotional and mental health.
- Surround yourself with positive, uplifting people.
- Treat others with kindness, compassion and respect.
Be kind to your body, gentle with your mind and patient with your heart. Stay true to your spirit, cherish your soul and never doubt yourself. Click To Tweet
CONFIDENCE IS KINDNESS
Kindness and compassion give rise to self-confidence, which then empowers us to be our honest, truthful and transparent selves. Do you understand just how powerful a simple act of kindness can be? Be kinder to yourself.
Remember that the way you speak to and treat yourself is the same way that others will see and treat you. If you want to have the confidence to create and live a bigger life, then be gentle, patient and accepting with yourself.
View your life with “kindsight.” Don’t beat yourself up about the things you’ve done or things that have happened in your past. Instead of slapping your forehead and saying, “What was I thinking?” breathe and ask the kinder question “What was I learning?”
If you enjoyed reading 50 simple ways to be kinder to yourself, you would enjoy reading more on 52 journal prompts for self-discovery and healing.
I want to hear your opinion. Which tip was your favourite?
Please comment below so everyone can read what you have to say. Also if you have any questions feel free to ask me them in the comment section below. Like and share this post and be sure to join the community!
Until next time.
All my love
Ready To Increase Your Speaking Confidence?
join the community
Learn the 5 strategies you need to build your speaking confidence, attract more clients and grow your business!